Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow

Well crap. It snowed a truckload. But that has never stopped me from driving in snow.

I decided to leave all five kids home until my husband could return this am from work. He didn't want the kids all at home alone, and I can't take the girls to my friend's house in this weather. We both live deep in the woods, on long private roads that don't get sanded.

So, I left at 7:30am, to go to the Deborah Gray conference. A mile away from my house, I ended up in a ditch. Nice. Surprisingly, I kept working at it and got myself out of the ditch and headed home (with some nice snow driving skills). Since I'm a glutter for punishment, when I got to a place in the road where I could turn around, I went back for more ice......headed to the conference. Long story short, I ended up in the same ditch three times. That's enough for me. Miraculously, my van is fine! I still can't believe that. I guess the bumper absorbed the impact from me ending up on a fence in that ditch. Again, three times. So............

I'm home and my husband should be here shortly. He drives an Expedition. I may take his car to the conference.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

I hope you get to go....