Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An Experiment

We are trying an experiment with our 4yr old tomorrow. We're sending her to preschool in panties. This is to see if she will keep her pants dry at school. If so, this will show us that she has control of her bladder & she is deliberately being a turd here at home with peeing her pants all the time. If she wets her pants at school, well, that will reinforce that she should be in diapers indefineately.

And to top off my day, I got an email from my mother. One that wasn't intended for my eyes. She wrote to a friend, bad-mouthing me, but hit "respond" instead of "forward". This is the second time she has made this mistake, while trying to bad-mouth me to a friend/contact on her email list. The first time I was gracious and let it go. Tonight I told her to get some professional help, and some computer education.

Good thing I didn't send her the email my husband wanted to send. He said to tell her "to f*ck off". I'm lady like, so I would never say that to my mother.

I'm curious how this will work out for her. She has many problems, is disturbed, takes entirely too much "prescription" pain meds (& drives under the influence, has memory problems, and a whole host of mental & health problems due to the meds), and is generally an unhappy person. I truly don't need this in my life currently, or ever I imagine. Good luck to her.

2 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Sorry about your mom. We all vent about people, but it really stings to hear (or read) it.

Hugs. I hope 4yr old does well in her panties. Will they take her at preschool in diapers? Or will you need to pull her out?

Diana said...

I hope you have better luck with the school time potty issues than we've had. We've had several accidents since we started treatment...markedly more than we had before. No poop again, thankfully, but DS has wet his pants several times.

Sorry to hear about your mom. It's frustrating when people don't get it...or worse, don't WANT to get it. Hang in there.