Friday, January 4, 2008

Intro

Welcome to my Blog. Thank you for joining me on this adventure.

I have started this blog to have a journal of sorts about the issues of my children. I have five children, and three are special needs.

Boy born in 1995 has ODD
Boy born in 1996 is healthy
Boy born in 1998 has Aspergers Syndrome (in the Autism spectrum)
Girl born in 2003, adoption placement 2007 has undiagnosed issues. We feel it could be any combination of RAD, ADD, PTSD, FAS/FAE. We are working on multiple referrals for her currently
Girl born in 2005, adoption placement 2007. Healthy girl.

This blog is to journal my children's needs, progress, medical attention, and issues. My goals other than that are to connect with other parents of special needs kids, and be of support to others in this journey.

Thank you. Please leave a comment when you stop by.

11 comments:

MyGirlElena said...

I've already added this one to "my favorites." I hope to learn about ODD as I don't recognize what it stands for. I was unaware that 2 of your other children were special needs too. Wow!! MAy GOd give you strength and wisdom through your parenting journey.

Happy said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize you had children w/special needs. I emailed you the blogs I know of w/people parenting special needs children.

Sisterlisa said...

Beautiful Site! May the Lord bless you as you encourage others.

Unknown said...

i am excited to read your blog and learn how other parents handle lifes little surprises whenit comes to parenting kids with special needs.

Marcia Francois said...

Good idea starting this separate blog :)

Melissa said...

disregard the last email I sent. I just found this. I thought you were making up the profile and everything. I hope I can learn something here. I still need to call you. I will try soon.

Don and Be said...

Hi ESther,
Thank you for putting up this site. As it progresses, it is bound to become a source of information and guidance for parents of SN children.
Blessings to you and your family,
Don

Suz said...

Thanks for inviting me, Esther. I, too,didn't realize two of your home-grown boys were also SN. I don't know what ODD is either. You'll be able to educate us.

Thank you for including me.

Michelle Smiles said...

Wow...you are one busy momma!

Dreamer girl said...

Good luck on your blog. I just started mine too. I have two special need children and I teach special education. So, I can totally relate. Hasn't it taught you to be less judgemental and more understanding? At the same time, I worry so much about our children and their future. Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Stopped by and love the new design. It is so pretty.

I too am a mom with a child with special needs. She has a portwine stain birthmark and in early stages of developing glaucoma in that same eye.