Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Sunday

I posted an update over at Worst.Mama.Ever. Here's the link (clickable).

For some good news, tomorrow I get to go to a Deborah Gray Adoption conference. For those of you who are not familiar with her, she wrote "Attachment in Adoption" in 2002, catapulting her reputation in the adoption community. Last year she wrote "Nurturing in Adoption". I'm about 50 pages into that book at the moment.

This will be the first time I've left the girls for the day. They will be with a friend of mine who they see often.

And let's hope it doesn't snow truckloads cancelling school. The thought of leaving the boys home alone all day makes me want to shudder. I would still take the girls to my friend's house, but have to leave the boys home alone. Our oldest is almost 13, so it's not unreasonable to leave them all at home together. I wonder about leaving them at home alone because they had a pretty bad experience once when I left them for about 2 hours. I'll have to post about that this week. A shining parental moment.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: