Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ummmmmmm?








The 4yr old now thinks she will "be really really good, and get to go back to (bio mom) and (bio grandma)." These two women sexually & physically abused her, and neglected her, while they behave illegally (stealing cars, running meth labs, etc.).

Lord help her.

I've read before about children having severe incoherant unhealthy devotion to their abusers. I don't get it. Maybe it's because it's all they know?

The 2yr old is inconsolable for us at bedtime. She gets tense/upset during the rest of the day as well, but they can console her during the day.

We are trying to heal.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

The poor, sweet thing. What is wrong with social workers? Shouldn't they know better? I am thinking of her and sending her healing vibes; and some to you too! Bless you all.

Kerry

Maggie said...

Slugger still loves his bio family despite the horrendous abuse, drugs, severe neglect. And he should. They did evil, misguided things. Things that will affect Slugger for the rest of his life. They caused irreparable damage. But they also did good things here and there. He spent 5 years seeking and hoping for their love. When he received it, it was something priceless. He'll never forget that. He'll always love them. I encourage it, though I also encourage him to be honest about them, their limitations, addictions, and problems. They came from abusive pasts, too. As for me? I'm horribly angry at their actions. I love them for the good things they did. And I have enormous empathy for their terrible histories.