Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Song


We found out why the 2yr old is having such a hard time at bedtime. She wants us to sing to her every night, her favorite song.

The foster parents wrote me today, stating that she asks for her song, and they have sung everything they know. 2yr old says it's not the right one.

I wrote and told them my husband sings "Puff the Magic Dragon" to the girls every night. He did that for our boys as well when they were little.

This morning I went back to the counselor. She told me to journal, review what I've been blogging about for the last several months, see how I feel about that, write what's been positive and accomplished for the girls while they were with us, read a book called "Nonviolent Communication", etc. I told her I want to compulsively eat all day, but I've fought off doing that. She told me to write down how I feel every time I want to eat. Then we will talk about all these feelings next time. Also she told me to take up a "mindless hobby, like knitting". Since when is knitting mindless? I think there's patterns and stuff. I'll be sticking with quilting and reading thanks. Although, I told her I may take a gardening class. We want to plant a vegetable garden.

I wish we could scoop up that little girl and sing to her. I'm going to go cry now.

3 comments:

MyGirlElena said...

Oh, that poor little girl. Please let the foster parents know there is a book with CD on Puff the Magic Dragon. The CD plays the song as well as others from Peter, Paul & Mary. If the foster parents's singing can't soothe her, maybe she can look through the book while the music is playing. Perhaps she will be distracted and slowly drift off to sleep.
As for you, take care of yourself. Are you still running everyday?

Melissa said...

hugs

Andrea said...

Esther, I've just spent the past little while catching up on everything, and I can't even begin to describe how my heart is splitting for all of you. I am aching for your whole family and I can only imagine how difficult things must be for all of you right now.

Please know I am praying for all of you right now, and that I am so very hopeful that the best resolution for everybody will be achieved.

(knitting can be mindless if you just make a lot of scarves or potholders . . . I used to knit many scarves during my exam time to calm my nerves, and it did seem to help a little)