Monday, February 25, 2008

The Governor's Office Called

Apparently I opened up a big 'ole can of whoop *ss.
The governor's office called me today. Shocked the hell out of me.

Their office has been circulating my letter (that we faxed), and they've been talking. The appeal process is now open to adopt the 2yr old. In all honesty, they feel she and the 4yr old will end up in a home that can handle the 4yr olds needs; that is their goal. However, if that is not possible they wanted to see if we still want the 2yr old. (of course we do).

The governor's office has additionally opened an investigation into our case and against the SW's, their staff, & local DSHS office, charging them with mistreating my entire family & the girls, mishandling our whole adoption process, and putting multiple children in danger.

They can't believe DSHS placed the 4yr old in a home with several children. They are concerned about her being in foster care with other children now (her sister & one other child). DSHS put a difficult situation and liability in our lap by placing the 4yr old with us.

I discussed CPS being called about me. They said that is quite common with older children like the 4yr old. Then the parents and whole family are put in jeopardy. duh.

The governor wants this investigation and processing to decide if DSHS made a grave mistake in our case. We of course think so.

I'm not holding my breath. I'm thankful there is an investigation, and I hope this will help best place the girls. And put some sense into our local DSHS office. Our local DSHS office has been notified that the investigation is open.

We will be OK if we never see the girls again. We want what's best for them and their future. We absolutely want to adopt the 2yr old, but that may not be in her best interest.

Thank you God for all you do. May your will be done, keep the girls safe, and guide the girls into the best home for them.

5 comments:

Chelley said...

Well it a babt step hopefully in the right diretion for these girls and for your family

Carly said...

wow... goosebumps... give em hell, harry!!!

I am rooting for you but I'm also very touched by your last sentence.

Don't give up!

Wendy said...

Amazing that you are getting such good response. Keep on them and keep fighting. I know we don't know the whole story, but something about the way you write makes me believe that you care very deeply about these girls and other kids in the system. If only there were more people like you!!

Susan said...

This is GREAT news. Even if the girls go to another home together, you know that someone has made sure it's the right place for them and they're not just being shoved off on someone else who might not be prepared. The thought of the 2-year-old crying for you at night and not being able to understand what is going on just upsets me so much. She has been harmed by the experience no matter how it turns out.

Please keep updating -- I check back constantly.

And, way to go -- you got state government to DO SOMETHING to help these children!

Deb said...

Wow! It's obvious that you want what is best for the girls. I'm glad you took action and it's causing them to look at things and find the right home for the girls.