Monday, March 10, 2008

U-Tube, books, and links on FAS/FAE/ARND

Today I stumbled across this six part video series on U-Tube. It's on Fetal Alcohol Children (FAS/FAE/ARND). This is really eye opening on many levels. And sad. I think the two things that resonate with me the most is that:

1. This is all preventable, and
2. Where are the public, medical, and social services for these children?

A little piece of me died watching this, as it's heartbreaking. Alot of the video made my eyes open wider, as segments spoke directly to me. This is the life of the little girl we love. Here is the link:
Fetal Alcohol Series (clickable)
This link will take you to the first video. On the right hand side of the screen, you will see the other five parts listed, in addition to many other relevant videos.

As a side note, I want to mention the two books on Fetal Alcohol that I've been reading (both clickable).
1. "The Best I Can Be-Living With Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or Effects" and
2. "Damaged Angels"

I particularly like the first one, The best I can be. It's written from the account of the adoptive mother on the right hand side of each page. The left hand side of each page is the account from the child with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Really amazing, touching, and an awakening if FAS/FAE/ARND is something you live with in your home.

Finally, I found this link on FRUA, which is also on FAS/FAE/ARND. Check it out:
LINK (clickable)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for these resources.