Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Job Offer

I decided to NOT apply for the super fantastic job, where they are hiring. It was great pay & benefits, but the hours rotate every four months. My husband feels this will not work well for us. I agree, for now. It's a job I could step into at any point in the future, and I am interested. Perhaps when our kids are older, more independent, and we can deal better with me working grave yard four months of the year, I could inquire at that point.

So, I went to get my hair done today, and was telling the hair stylist all about this. I told her I feel empty with no kids here during the day, blah blah blah. She offered me a job. She needs someone to manage the salon for her on Saturdays, the busiest day of the week. She would also like someone to do reception Tuesday thru Friday evening every week, but at a minimum she needs someone all day Saturday. And I get free hair services. I'm drooling......................

I'll be discussing this with the family tonight.

4 comments:

junglemama said...

Sounds like a great opportunity. Please let us know what happens.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job offer! I'm anxious to read what the family thought. I can relate to the 'lonely at home' feeling when the kids are gone. It's nice for a while but when it gets old ... it gets OLD!!

Laura said...

Have you thought of working at a school? I know here in Texas we always have openings in our schools. I think it would be tough to lose Saturdays with the kids!! Best wishes!!

Don and Be said...

Gettin' kind of tired of no kid in the house myself. Joanna Mei should have been with us a lot closer to my initial retirement and the place is pretty empty during the day.
Kudos on turning down the dream job for family priorities, Esther. Good call! I don't know what kind of dad I would have been while I was doing shift work. Saturdays without the kids ..... hhmmmm - I'd be prayin' about that one.
Blessings to you and your clan during this 'transition' time.
Don