Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm Glad My Kids are Supervised

Ya know, I certainly wouldn't want to leave my kids home alone on a regular basis, unsupervised. Yesterday they had the day off of school for a teacher in service day. I heard the following comments:

13 yr old: "I'm taking home-ec (cooking variety) right now in school. This is the most worthless class I've ever taken. I will never use this stuff. Oh, maybe I'll use it in high school (home-ec). This week we have to study kitchen sanitation for four days. FOUR DAYS!" OK, so he's planning on never entering a kitchen? Planning on buying all his food from restaurants? Geez....

11 yr old: "I wonder what would happen if you fry Silly Putty".................
self explanatory reasons why I'm glad I was home for that.

9.5 yr old yells to 11yr old: "HEY! You almost knocked me off the counter!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
me thinking "why are you on the counter???????????????????????"

2 comments:

jennifaye said...

Yea, if you listen too closely you want to pull your hair out. lol

Funny entry.

~jen

Melissa said...

interesting conversation. wonder what they say when you are out of earshot.