Friday, March 28, 2008

Customer Service


The Spa & Salon I'm going to go work at, strives for top customer services. That is their biggest goal. If they are running behind, and someone is going to run an hour late, they will give the customer a free service while they are waiting. How cool is that?

I have a customer service idea. It incorporates something I love. Baking. I got this idea yesterday. There is a postal shop I go to, like a Kinko's, and they always have fresh homemade cookies sitting out. The wheels in my mind got going.............
What if I offer to cook classy desserts/breads/cookies for the front desk and coffee area? Is that customer service? Is that tacky?

These people have sampled my homemade jams, truffles, etc. They think they were to die for. I bring treats to the stylists, our doctors office, teachers, whatnot, for the holidays each year.

I'm not a professional chef, baker, or cook. However, I love to cook and bake. When in social groups, once I bring a dish, people want the recipe, and they wrangle me into bringing more food, dessert, treats to more gatherings. The first time it was our treat night for Sunday evening bible study, they said they want me bringing treats every week!! (I declined). Some one cancelled for bringing treats one Sunday in mid-April. So the group instantly appointed me to bring treats for that evening. ;o)

What do you think about bringing complimentary treats for a classy Salon & Spa? I would of course have the owners pay me for the cooking ingredients, and an hour or two a week in pay for cooking time. That is still really cheap though, as compared to buying treats at say, oh, Starbucks.

4 comments:

Lauri said...

I think that is a nice touch... my salon always offers coffee/tea or water... sweets would be great.. I think.. especially something like bars that you can cut into small easy to hold & handle portions.

Sarah said...

I don't know but this pregnant lady needs to go bake some cookies now after reading this post! The power of suggestion!!! ;)

I think it's a great idea!

-Sarah

MyGirlElena said...

A place that serves yummy, homestyle delicacies is a favorite with me. I think your idea is great. Now are the people that go there the type that would indulge in this? I say this because my sister manages a spa at a ritzy hotel and the majority of the customers are "organic/whole food only eaters."
BTW: Congrats on getting the job!!

Melissa said...

just dont get in over your head. What if you dont have time to do the baking. Will they still expect it of you. You do have the boys still.