Friday, June 13, 2008

Transportation Update

An additional update at the bottom of this post~~

Update on the school bus story posted HERE (clickable):

The head of the school district Transportation Department called me today to verify the story. I repeated the whole thing for him. He stated that a bus driver will be fired for this behavior, so had to check out the story with me before confronting the bus driver. I said I didn't want anyone fired over this, but it is reason for concern. He said, "you wouldn't be the one who got them fired. they did it to them self."

Yikes. He will be calling me back to let me know the outcome.

Just in case my boy is lying, I asked him if anyone can verify this story. He said "the whole bus. They saw me do it." I'm tending to think he's telling the truth.

In other news, we are trying to decide where to retire, and would like to purchase retirement property in the next year. Interest rates are awesome after all. The top three locations:
Eastern WA/Idaho
Arizona
Florida
The Bible Belt (southeast)--Can I hear an AMEN!

Currently my number one vote is for Florida, specifically, the greater Orlando area. Anyone have any good retirement location ideas? Anywhere good in TX to retire? We really love TX, but know little about retirement locations there.

4 comments:

AdoptaMama said...

Thanks for the update. I'm anxious to find out the truth and most of me is leanin' toward your son. I sure hope he's being honest as I'd hate to see what would happen if he's not. ;) I actually think this story is pretty funny, but still not acceptable (if the driver did indeed allow him to go to the store). Your son is very ingenious.

Staying tuned for more updates.

~Patti

Deb said...

Glad they are doing something. Feel bad for the bus driver but something had to be done.

My parents always said they'd retire to Guatemala but we've lived there before.

Anywhere in the hill country (Austin, TX) area is beautiful. I would love living just outside Austin. Of course a lot of people retire to the coast (S Padre) at least in the winter. They call them snow birds because they're running from the snow!! :-)

Don and Be said...

My folks decided to retire to one of those independent living communities in the pines of Tom's River New Jersey - what a scary sub-culture that was - please try to avoid such places and guilt the kids into caring for you.

Wendy said...

I have seen bus drivers do some really stupid things so I would not be surprised this is real. Of course the kids probably think he/she is the coolest person in the whole world for doing this!

I have lived in AZ, and several spots in TX. The Woodlands is a beautiful area, with some affordable housing etc. But...very humid and buggy. Austin area is gorgeous but can be pricey in some areas. AZ is my favorite. Check out Fountain Hills, north of Scottsdale in the mountains. Absolutely gorgeous! national forests, wild horses, high Sonoran desert. The Tuscon area is nice and then if you like more snow and winter sports, Flagstaff is awesome.

But, if you want ME as a neighbor, come to the beauty that is Magnolia Texas! Horse ranches, lakes, piney woods, and Me!!!!