Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Transportation Update, and an Interview, & the Girls

Update on the Careless School Bus Driver (post HERE -clickable):

The transportation department said that unfortunately, my son's story is true. The bus driver admitted to it.

She has had a perfect record with the district, until now. Because she has an immaculate record, they are instigating disciplinary action against her with the school district, in lieu of firing her. That works for me. I would hate to see someone out of work.

On the job front, I called the school district Thursday to see when they hire. Soon? End of Summer? They said they didn't have all my paperwork, and were waiting for that before they call me for interviews. Well, since I turned in all my paperwork in person to the school district, I know it's not lost in the mail. Sigh. So, I redid the missing paperwork and submitted Friday. Today I got called for an interview. It's for a Full-Time assistant/bookkeeper for a highschool principal. This would be great. This highschool is the one in the district closest to me. The only thing I have to figure out is summer child care. I'm calling the Boys & Girls Club to see what their summer program is. It's less than 10 minutes from the highschool. Also I told them that fulltime work would be difficult in the summer, due to finding childcare for an autistic child (our 9yr old). They said they can work with that, and discuss parttime summer employment. COOL!
Interview Wednesday. Skills testing Thursday. To be continued......

I spoke with the governors office today about the girls medical records coming to me. She said it's still not resolved, the girls live no where near us, and there is a new supervisor on their case. I asked if the old supervisor left? Nope. She was removed from the girls case management. PROGRESS!! Even though the girls do not live with us, we want the best for them. Hopefully new staff on the case will improve the outlook for the girls future. Additionally the girls new home is a foster home, not an adoptive placement. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. How fascinating. They would put the 3yr old in another foster home, yet not with us, all in the name of "keeping siblings together"? I have to trust God that He is watching over them and their care, and watching over the 3yr old while she is present with the 5yr old (the predator). Back to the medical info coming to me, the state asked me to call the medical provider & straighten this out. I told them "no", this is not my problem, I just want to make sure the girls are getting their medical care. Additionally I said, in the future I will put "return to sender" on all mail for the girls, and the sending parties can get a clue. Works for me & the governor's office!! Perhaps the girls will not get medical care, but I've done all I can, and have to let the rest go.

No comments: