Sunday, June 1, 2008

On Strike


I'm on strike. I will not be performing most of my mothering duties until the boys attempt to pay off the $100 for my quilt they cut with scissors, and the upholstered chair someone slashed.

The children will not be neglected or harmed in any way thru this. Just making a point that they can make their lunch, wash their clothes, russle up dinner (hot dogs, sandwich......), etc. I will not be signing school forms, transporting to sports, whatnot. I will not be signing up anyone for sports, activities, summer camp, and the like, until a large attempt is made to repay the debt. I told the boys to feel free to work off the debt, and I will then have my energy restored from property damage & lying. A little Love & Logic there......

Yesterday we suggested weeding all day, all three of them. That would be worth $50 (we live on three acres). Didn't get any takers. Their dad told them tonight to weed the yard until it was weed-free. The boys just wandered aimlessly around the swimming pool. I went to bible study (which is where I got the pizza idea below).

Tonight I bought them pizza for dinner, seeing as I don't cook anymore. We'll see how they like pizza for about seven nights in a row (that was a suggestion from a friend; I think it's hilarious!)

This should be interesting.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow, that's rough! It really sucks when kids don't do what you want them to, especially after breaking something!!!

I don't think there is any amount of pizza that would turn my kids off of it. Are you going to add the amount of the pizza on to the total bill?

Don and Be said...

Always an adventure .....