Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strike Day 6

Day 3-
One son missed the bus today. Did I take him to school?
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.
He had to get a ride to school with my husband. Husband not thrilled, but is doing everything possible to get the message across that I'm on strike. God bless him. He deserves Man of the Year for supporting this.And no one wrote a note for the boy who was late to school. He can deal with his unexcused tardy on his own. He's a big boy. I wanted to get a bunch of yard work out of the kids & outdoor jobs, but we live in the pacific NW where it rains 300 days a year. Including today. So I'm printing out the detailed FLYlady cleaning list. Every room of the home will be sparkling while we are waiting for a sunny day to earn money outdoors. ;o)I'll keep you posted this week on the progress.

Day 4-
Formal Living room, Dining room, Entry, and Hallways are all sparkling at my home.

Day 6-
Last night we had the boys weeding. It was the first semi-dry day here in a week. The boys all balked at this in one way or another. Frankly, I'm tiring of it too, but we have to let this run it's course. A little discomfort now will teach lessons that will help for years to come. So, the boys were bickering over who was doing more weeding. My husband then sent them to separate areas of the yard. Much yelling names at each other ensued, all claiming the other brothers weren't working hard enough, or name calling went on. I then charged them 25cents per rude/hurtful statement. One boy got charged 50 cents, one boy four dollars. One boy learned from his brothers that it will hurt the pocketbook to do that, and he kept his mouth shut.

The middle son said "I'm not doing this anymore. This is stupid!" I said, "no problem. I'll be on strike for you that much longer, until your debt is paid off." He said something, muttering under his breath, and got back to work.

The oldest boy came in after a while and asked "mom, will you take me to youth group?"
me- "no, I'm on strike"
boy- ";laksjfl;kjf;lahgflakdjf;lkajdfl;adjsf"
boy- "dad, will you take me to youth group? It's the end of the year carnival."
husband "no, I'm sick"
boy- stomped off muttering how this isn't fair and he's missing the best stuff of the year.

Well, yes. That's the idea. To be continued.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

hopefully this will teach them a lesson. has anyone confessed yet?

MyGirlElena said...

Wow, $4!!
I would have confessed already or tattled on whomever did it :)
I once saw a really good psychologist speak (I think his last name is Rosemond). He said punishments should be something that children will look back on as adults and laught about. This is definitely a punishment your boys will remember and have a good laugh about when they are older.
Hope somebody fesses up soon!

Lisa said...

Hang in there! Sounds like you're doing fine and they boys will live. I'm really surprised too that no one has 'fessed up yet or told on the guilty party!

Don and Be said...

We're waiting for the next installment .... anxiously.
We've begun packing for China - and guess what ..... we're stopping in Oahu for 4 days and continuing on to Beijing ..... YES!!!
Blessings to y'all - hope to connect again soon.
Love, D & B