Friday, April 25, 2008

Shame on DSHS

The xyz DSHS office is being sued for $22 million. This is the same office that placed the girls with us.....

They really are so pathetic. On the news they showed scenes from court. The prosecutor asked the SW why she didn't pick up on the kid's starvation. She said, "I didn't know I was supposed to look for starvation". Oh dear Lord............

Please email me if you would like the news link to the story. I will send after we return from Disney World. Email to sweetangelplus4@yahoo.com.

Today we are off the a kids engineering fair at my alma mater. Tomorrow, off to the happiest place on earth.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

sad really.

Kindyland said...

I wouldn't begin to judge you on your decision to disrupt your adoption. It does concern me, however, that this little 4 year old is referred to over and over as a "predator." She is 4, not 40 or even 14. FOUR. I cannot wrap my brain around a 4 year old child being a "predator." A predator is someone who deliberately seeks out and attacks. A 4 year old doesn't even have the cognitive ability to plot and plan...they act and react on emotion. I also wouldn't call what she did to her sister as molestation. She is acting out her survival responses. That's all. Of course the 2 year old needs to be protected from her, but a child does what they are taught and somewhere along the way, this child was taught to exhibit these behaviors in order to survive.

I'm not by any means saying you should have kept her...not sure I would have either under the circumstances and I can't even imagine how scary it was having to worry about her getting knives and such. I don't know where you live, but in Georgia we have Christian organizations and theraputic centers that help sexually abused children deal with their trauma. The cost is minimal and sometimes free if the situation permits. This little girl would surely have benefited from such a program.

She sounds like an extremely angry little girl who probably has reactive attachment disorder among many other survival responses. I hope she ends up being okay.

Deb said...

Hope your Disney trip was fun for the whole family.