Thursday, April 24, 2008

WEAR A HELMET!

A friend of my middle schooler, was riding his bike, and hit by a mini-van. This boy went thru the windshield. His femur was broken in four places and he got a concussion. He WAS wearing a helmet. I really don't know how he could have come out of this positively had he not worn the helmet.



He is in a wheelchair, and recovering from surgery.



In other news, my alcoholic friend really appreciated my emailing her. Melissa pointed out to me that I should have called her or spoke in person (I think that's what you said Melissa). I totally agree that this would have been the best course of action. However, this gal has reacted to that sort of thing with being belligerent, barraging my phone with messages while screaming & swearing, and/or had an emotional crying/screaming breakdown. Sooooooooooooooo, I thought I'd avoid all that crap, and email her. But I'd just like to say that since I've known her forever, anyone like that I would normally communicate with in a medium other than email for grave issues. Anywho, she and I got together today for coffee. She is clean & sober (she says), but dealing with some serious issues. It was great to communicate.



We are off to Disney World Saturday. We couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad your email was well received!

MyGirlElena said...

Have a wonderful time in Disney!! I can't wait to read all about it when you come back.