Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Girls Moved

The girls have moved to a new adoptive family. They are out of the area, but still in the same state. The foster parents are staying in touch with them. That's all I know. I will of course post updates as I receive them.

I asked to treat foster mom to tea or brunch. Hopefully we'll get together soon.

I wasn't sure how I would react to this sort of news, once it came. Actually I'm really happy. I'm happy the girls will be in a home with younger parents, younger than senior citizen age (like the FP's). That will be best for everyone. Also it will give the older girl, Sissy, the opportunity to have a real world experience (hopefully). The FP's love them dearly, but their solutions to problems were not what I would call solutions, so much as "baby-jail". For instance, Sissy is so highly difficult and dangerous to take in public. So the FP's just didn't leave their home with her. To me, this doesn't train up a child, but just serves as a holding cell. Additionally, the FP's kept her in daycare full-time so they didn't have to deal with her during the day. The mom-FP is a stay at home mom, yet she didn't want to be home with Sissy all day. She stayed home with Lovey though. So, not how we wanted to raise a family, but the girls were safe and loved.
And that is the most important thing. I'm grateful for every morsel of kindness they gave the girls.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I will keep the girls and their new parents in my prayers.

BTW, did you ever post more about your husband mentioning adoption again?????

Susan said...

I'm so glad to hear the girls have a home. I hope the new parents were well prepared and things will work out.

Melissa said...

it must be bittersweet news to hear the girls have been adopted. I just hope this placement is permanent for their sakes. I know you just want the best for them too. Hopefully the older one will get the help she needs.

Lisa said...

Catching up on blogs... sorry I'm so late getting this news. I'm actually very shocked they were able to place the girls. I hope they told the truth about Sissy's diagnoses and problems, but I'd be willing to bet that's not the case. Well, maybe since the governor's office is involved, but who knows?

Bittersweet news.