Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where?

Where can I buy Fels-Naptha Soap, and Arm and Hammer Washing Soda?

I want to make some homemade laundry detergent, and most of the "recipes" call for Washing Soda. They used to sell Fels-Naptha & Washing Soda just about anywhere. I actually already use Fels-Naptha on stains, and am almost out. A bar lasts us almost a year. I have looked everywhere this last week, and have come up with zilch. Of course I could buy them online, but them you have to pay for shipping.

Where do I find these? I've looked at Safeway, Walmart, the Dollar Store, Target. Nothing. Next I'll try Albertsons and Haggens.

3 comments:

Queen of the House said...

You can check online! It's made by the Dial Corp. Here's a link to the store locater. http://www.dialcorp.com/storelocator/storeloc2.cfm

There aren't many stores near me that carry it either, but I did manage to find 2 on this website.

Lisa said...

I have a great recipe for laundry detergent. It calls for one bar of soap (I used Ivory, but it said ANY kind will do), 1/2 cup washing soda (I got Arm and Hammer brand from Meijers) and 1/4 cup 20 Mule Team Borax. Shave the soap into a quart of water on the stove, stirring until dissolved (just under a boil). Pour that into 3 gallons of hot water and then add the other two ingredients, stirring well after each. Let sit overnight and it gels up. Use about one cup per load. It works so AWESOME!! I was pretty skeptical at first - I have 9 kids at home and they get their clothes really stained/filthy most of the time. It has gotten every spot out every single time. I even think it brightens the colors!! It costs about 3 cents (yes, cents) per load and I am so.... glad I did this. The cleaning is superior to any store brand and I don't have to lug the jugs home every few days. We went through so... much of the store kind. Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

They sell it at my local Fred Meyer grocery store.

- Nancy in Redmond, WA