Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wish Me Luck


Well, I just sent my alcoholic friend (mentioned in prior posts), an email about my concern for her behavior. She has many issues, so I tried to keep it short and to the point. I included the fact that she and her husband both seem high on drugs, or drinking when it's not appropriate. I did take the time to explain how her behavior affects others, including her children and mine. Perhaps she's so high she's never noticed how she hurts others. And she embarrasses her own kids (which I mentioned).


I imagine she'll call me excessively, and email excessively, ranting and raving into my computer and answering machine. Truly I had to get to the point where my health & well being are higher on the priority list than worrying if we will still be friends.
Email was the form of communication I used, but not to chicken out of a real conversation. Seeing as I know her pretty well, if I communicated with her over this in person & phone, she'd either go psycho on me, or give me the "I'm FINE!" routine. This way, she can go back and read what I wrote as many times as need be, think, and respond if she feels like it. I really don't care if she responds (which I indicated), but I'm obligated to myself and family to be honest with those I love.


Wish me luck. I think I'll go unplug the answering machine, so she can't rant, rave, and scream into it, as she's done in the past.

1 comment:

Don and Be said...

Tough love, eh? - good luck, Esther.