Wednesday, April 9, 2008

HUH?

The new job lasted 1.5 days. I quit.

In the interview process, the two owners told me multiple times that free services and discounted services was part of the deal. I worked 1.5 days and found out this is just not true. I have better things to do with my Saturday every week than work for minimum wage, on the busiest spa/salon day of the week, managing the place. Give me a break. Hope things work out for them (lol)......................

So let's see. I've been feeling depressed the last couple days, and nearly couldn't bring myself to even meet with a friend last night. Then I read a blog yesterday about a couple losing their child, and I thought, I really need to get out of the house. So I drug my butt out to dinner with a friend. I told my husband I'm really glad I did that. Seeing my friend made me realize there is always someone out there who has it worse!! My girlfriend has been in multiple car accidents in the last year, had a tumor removed from her back, endured a couple back surgeries, can barely walk, and she is in too much pain to have sex for the last year. I asked how that's working for her husband. She said he drinks alot.....too much, and it's a problem.

Glad I'm not them!

I've also been trying to figure out where to go with my blog, now that the girls are gone. Any suggestions? Anything you'd like to know about? Seriously I feel like my life is so boring, it's not worth blogging about. Let's see: we cleaned out the shed & garage this weekend, I put in some laundry this am, ya know, boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been interested in reading a bunch of new blogs on simple living, frugality, and the like. I'm really interested. I found a great homemade recipe for a deep conditioner. Now that my hair is highlighted, it's as dry as straw. yuck. So, this recipe is 2T olive oil, 2 tsp honey. Heat it, rub it thru hair, and leave on for 20+ minutes, preferably with saran wrap or hot towel around the head. This did help my hair. Although, now I have an ant problem in my bathroom from where I rinsed my hair in the sink. Guess they like the honey? I've washed the sink twice, and still have an ant or two this am. Hopefully they'll go picnic somewhere else soon.

Also I tried the detergent recipe. It works like magic! I did find the ingredients at Fred Meyer, thanks Nancy for the tip.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't know what you should blog about, but I hope you find something and continue! I enjoy your posts! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is funny that ants came after the hair treatment. You must be where it is warm to have ants already. I have gotten those hot oil treatments from Wal-mart and they help with dryness after a coloring.

MyGirlElena said...

I would hate to have you stop blogging. You have a terrific sense of humor and I'm sure that with 3 kids in the house, there's always something interesting going on :)