Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Most Impressive Field Trip I've Ever Heard Of

Last night my son came home and we had the following conversation:

son: Will you sign my form for my field trip?

me & husband: Where is your field trip?

son: To see the Dalai Lama.

us: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

He proceeds to tell us that the Dalai Lama is coming to town, and his class WON a trip to see him. Hundreds, thousands, of school classes applied for the honor of seeing the Dalai Lama. And my son's class won. I'm still in shock. There will be other classes there as well. But since the location knew tickets would see out immediately, you had to apply to get in. I'm not sure if it was an essay writing contest, lottery, I'm still finding out details.

I asked if I could chaperone. Nope. No chaperones allowed. Only students and one teacher. Hmmmm, I'll have to send the camera with my son that day. It's on April 14, just one day only will the Dalai Lama see kids. I'll post a link to the blog if something shows up in the newspaper or Internet.

In more boring news, I caught two ladies shoplifting Maxi Pads at Target today. Geez, what is this world coming to?

5 comments:

Deb said...

That's cool. What an opportunity.

Shoplifting maxi pads?? That's sad.

Melissa said...

all I can say is wow

Don and Be said...

So, are they preparing a chorus of "Hello Dali"?

Anonymous said...

Well hope you son enjoys his trip. How sad to have to feel they need to steal what they need. You caught them, but Target didn't?

junglemama said...

That is some fieldtrip! Wow!