Friday, May 9, 2008

Adoption Update


First I have a small update on the girls we disrupted. I know they are not receiving medical care, seeing as their state medical insurance coverage info still comes to me. Sad. So, they are in an adoptive home (allegedly), yet these folks don't bother to take them for well child checkups (they both just had a birthday), no counseling, no testing? God help them all. I really do not think any employer covers family insurance on foster kids. So I truly think the girls are with inept people not meeting their needs.

OK, on to more positive news. My husband and I are still open to adoption. We are happy with our family the way it is, live a positive, healthy, full life. Yet at the same time, our hearts break for orphans. God also calls us to care for the orphans. We have always felt called to this ministry and these children. Our pastor preaches regularly on adoption. He has adopted three children from Kras, Russia. So, thru that we realize that there are several ways to help orphans. We want God's plan, and seek his will.

We would love additional children here, yet literally don't know how to accomplish that at the moment. I would prefer IA, and we loved our Russian adoption adventures (minus our corrupt old agency). Going to Russia to meet our little girl were some of the happiest days of our lives. Due to our agencies unethical and illegal behavior, we were not able to bring home that little girl, or any child for that matter, seeing as our agency is not accredited in Russia. We notified the Russian authorities of this, and the FBI, and there will be a trial that I am testifying at. TBA. We are currently still in litigation with our old agency, and hopefully that will end this year. But since we've been doing this for 3.5yrs now with "old" agency, I'm not holding my breath. All that to say as well, we cannot afford IA at this point, seeing as we've spent over 70K on IA (partially fees to our old agency, partially fees on our litigation).

We have absolutely no confidence or faith in the DSHS/state adoption system. I believe I've posted on that before, so I won't belabor the point.

Anyway, God knows our hearts, and knows our hearts are for adoption. If he wants us to adopt, He'll show us the way. In the meantime, we live enjoying our family full of blessings daily. We are truly grateful.
Now I'm off to recover from my gardening today. I put in a 30x35 ft garden. Ouch, I'm sore.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope you find a way.

Chelley said...

A wish from the heart, a whole lotta love and hugz
HAPPY Mother's Day !

Diana said...

I'm right there with you on the adoption thing. Someday I'd love to do it again and find another girl, but we've been there and done that on doemstic infant adoption (I'm too old and have too many kids now), there's no money for another IA and I, too, have no faith or confidence in the state "protective" services. But even more than that, I'm not sure I could ever put my family through all the heartache and uncertainty again.