Sunday, September 7, 2008

Politics

Ya know, I've never been interested in debating politics. Each party thinks they are right. Each party thinks the other party is wrong. My husband does enough political debating to last us both a lifetime. So, I've never passionately gotten into politics socially.

Even at church, the Republicans say "if you are a Christian, you are a republican". Again, even at church, the Democrats say "if Jesus were on earth, he'd be a democrat".

So, I stay out of these arguments. I will say however, when I was in middle school, and learning the official business of both parties, I saw incredibly good points about both parties. However, one issue I could not get around. This one issue steered me to which party I would be and away from a party I knew I never could vote for. Abortion. Please watch the clip below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIdbYjmbFzo

I'm not out to bash democrats. Frankly, if it weren't for the abortion issue, I could have chosen to vote as a democrat. I have faithfully supported my friends who have chosen abortion. I love them, not what they did. I think it's really narrow to not be there when your friends need you most, just because I don't agree with what they did.

Obama supports infanticide. I just can't go there.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

That video is ridiculous. The creators are giving the impression that healthy full term infants are being left to die, and that this is a fairly regular occurrence, neither of which is the truth.

There is always so much more information missing from these arguments. It's so much easier to claim that someone hates babies and promotes infanticide. Please.

When you have an agenda it isn't hard to create propaganda to support it.

MyGirlElena said...

I agree with you.

junglemama said...

Regardless of the video or how old the babies look in it, abortion is wrong no matter how old the baby is. It is all out war against the most innocent of all. Period.

Kerry said...

I must disagree Christine. There are shades of gray. Nothing is black and white. And it isn't a political argument. Or rather it shouldn't be.