Monday, July 21, 2008

What I Learned This Weekend

What I learned this weekend:

1. Sending a child to summer camp leaves them beyond sleep deprived.

2. Doing a makeover on the master bedroom/bath is exhausting. Especially if you paint your bathroom a color called Orchid, and looks dark orchid. You will have to paint your bathroom three times.

2a. Need to remove painting tape immediately after painting a room.

3. I will never paint behind and/or around a toilet in a small space, ever again.

4. Do not leave a sick puppy home alone with children. Sick puppies require adult supervision.

5. Going to Costco without my husband leaves him barking "how on earth did you spend $400+ on groceries?"

6. Going to Costco with my husband leaves us with a $500+ bill at checkout.

7. Looking for free blog templates was harder than it used to be. Many of those sites are no longer functioning and/or are their HTML codes.

8. Upon asking the trusty husband & oldest son what I should name the knitting blog, DH said it should be named "Let me sit down". Oldest son said it should be named "The worst blog ever."

9. After reworking a section of a knitted scarf three times and one is beyond tired, better to put the project away for another day when one can keep their eyes open.

10. Discovered my DH knows all the lines to the movie "Karate Kid 2." Have no clue why.

11. When you cook stew in the crockpot with cut up steak, brown the beef first. Unless you want to cook the stew all day in the crockpot, then take out all meat & brown it at that point.Probably easier to brown it before using the crockpot.

I think I learned enough this weekend.

My knitting blog is over at http://www.noviceknitwit.blogspot.com/. Nothing is there yet, but it's a start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just saw the comment you left for me on my Bipolar post. Thank you for that. I am so glad I found your blog! It sounds like we do have a lot in common.

Sorry about your new puppy. I hope he/she feels better soon. We just got a new puppy and she eats everything! I feel like I have a toddler in the house and am constantly checking the floor. If it is on the floor, she'll find it and eat it. Keep us updated!

Have a great day.

MyGirlElena said...

LOL! Your oldest son seems to have a sense of humor.