Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hurt

The last few days I've planned a multi-week roadtrip for me and the kids for next year. Going from the Pacific NW to TX. I was even thinking of including the East Coast since I'm not working. What a fabulous time that would be, take a month or so, visit friends and relatives, quality activities, seeing the great sites of our lovely country, catching up on some US history, and lastly, keeping the kids out of trouble.

My oldest son called my husband today at work (I was out of earshot). He told my husband, he doesn't want to hurt my feelings but he doesn't want to go on the trip.

I'm very hurt. I would kill for a mother who wants to spend time with her kids. My mom always tried to get away from us and get out of anything humanly possible.

I will probably go on the trip. Any of the boys who want to join me are welcome. I planned on using a pop-up tent & van, staying in national & state parks. This was after I realized my van gets twice as good gas mileage over our SUV hauling a trailer. Two friends in Tx are set for us to visit, and another in UT. And I'm waiting on hearing from others in CA & NC.

Ya know, my dad never tried to come over to the female side of things either. He mostly sat around drunk, or went off on some anger binge, when I was growing up. He left the home each day to work & cheat on my mom.

Further more, a 13yr old doesn't always know what's best for him. He would like to sit around, pick his nose, eat junk food, watch tv, whoop up on his brothers, and play the wii all summer. But you and I know that leads to him being ultra aggressive, frustrated, angry, and hostile. He'd probably love it if I go to work full time & not be around anyone. He wants to run his own life (which is normal for a teenager). However, he has alot of issues, which I'm trying to deal with in a positive way. I'm trying to find quality family activities to do, that are relatively cheap per day. I don't think you can get much cheaper than camping.

Sigh.

From, a frustrated mom...................

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You have another friend here in TX you can visit, too! We are north of Houston on I45. We would LOVE to have you visit, 13yr old or not!

Kindyland said...

Hi, I enjoy your blog. I just wanted to say that I can so relate to your wanting a mother. I am in the same boat. I am so jealous of young moms my age who have mothers who spend time with them, but nothing changed since childhood and then my mom passed away. I would LOVE to have a mother about now.