Saturday, August 23, 2008

All in a Day & Russia Baby

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being treated to lunch at the Seattle Symphony. A highschool/college friend of mine & I reconnected at the 20yr reunion. We'll have to stay in touch this time. We stayed in touch for about 5yrs, and then got busy. And busier. And got to only the Christmas card list, and then that disappeared. We're going shopping in downtown Seattle in a few weeks. I LOVE downtown shopping. So does he. This is not a date or affair. He's flaming gay. ;o)

I ordered ADHD magazine for my oldest son. After I noticed much effort to focus, with little success, I feel inclined to help him further. He couldn't deal with a voice prompted phone labyrinth the other day. But he had to be the one to deal with it, seeing as we were in the car using the cell. In our state it's now illegal for the driver to be using the cell, unless you use a BlueTooth. I don't have one. This resulted in screaming and crying from an 8th grader, arms waving around, etc. I think jumping out of the moving vehicle would have been more fun.

The Aspergers teacher called me back. But I was at the Seattle Symphony. I'll have to call her Monday.

We took the kids to the state fair last night. They are at the point where they only like rides. So in the past we've held that over their head to "inspire" acceptable/cooperative behavior until the end of the day. Then we did rides. Well, yesterday we only had a couple of hours to do the fair, so we opted to not do rides. A wrist band costs $22, so that's $66 for all the kids. We just spent $60+ on dinner at the fair, and we are going on a weeklong vacation next week to a pretty neat hot spot in our state (this means throwing down lots of money for that). We warned the kids in advance, for days, that we would not be doing rides (hoping it would sink in and they would have worked it out of their system). Boy was the joke on us! This resulted in much begging, whining, and the like, over riding the rides. Got to the point with our youngest that I told him we could go to the hot car, or I could pull down his pants and spank his naked rear end out in the middle of the fair grounds. His begging and whining and yelling improved at that point. He was still annoying. Hard to have consequences for "annoying".

Next time we will go alone, as adults, and enjoy the fair. Looking forward to it.

Today is our Russia Baby's birthday. We love her always and forever. We will miss her always and forever. I hope the owners & employees of our old adoption agency rot in hell. I know the FBI still has their prosecution in the works, and our civil case is still moving forward (at a crawl). The wheels of justice may be slow, but those wheels will eventually get us to our destination.

4 comments:

Don and Be said...

It has only taken us 1 month to find out that there's places we want to go as adults without the child......but they're too numerous to mention in a blog response. Jump out of a moving vehicle, eh?......Wanted to do the same last night when Joanna Mei pitched a fit...but I was in my living room so- opted not to.
So sorry the Russian adoption keeps on coming back, E. Hoping there's some of resolution .... I know there will never be closure. Keep on keepin' on. Prayin' for y'all

Lisa said...

Esther, do you ever check the photolisting (www.usynovite.ru) to see if she's been returned to the baby home? Given her biomom's situation, it wouldn't be unlikely. Of course, I don't know any U.S. agencies that are working in that region, but you never know... Hugs, Lisa

junglemama said...

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you had tried to adopt a ilttle girl and it fell through.

Melissa said...

Is the magazine for you (with articles on how to deal) or for him with articles for him? I have never heard of this magazine.